Like the Olympic Games, the EAPS/BPSA Conference has been rescheduled to 2021
On March 13th, 2020, we decided to postpone the organization of the EAPS/BPSA 2020 Conference in Paris. Since this period, many events have shaken up our daily habits and views on the relationship among the worlds of education, health, and sport. The city of Tokyo will not be able to host the Summer Olympics in 2020. The Olympic flame will wait until July 23, 2021, to light up the Tokyo sky… Let’s love the ignorance of the Future to hear the new anthem of the Sports Universe and to see the new lights of the Olympic Flame!
We are pleased to announce that the EAPS/BPSA 2020 Conference has been rescheduled to April 26 -28th, 2021 in Paris (see flyer on the attached document).
Registration and membership to European Association for the Philosophy of Sport (EAPS)
The registration for fees will open at the beginning of February 2021on the website http://www.sfps.fr/. We’ll send you information about it at the beginning of January 2021.
Each registration will be associated with a membership to the European Association for the Philosophy of Sport (http://philosophyofsport.eu/).
2021 Conference Program:
The organizer will respect the structure and program of the 2020 Conference. However, we suggest that you tell us if you would be available on the new dates proposed to you. Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . In addition, please, let us know if you want to change the title or content of your communication.
Publication of the Proceedings of the conference
Key Information and Dates
Initially, it was planned to publish the proceedings of the conference. Given the postponement of the Conference, we propose a slightly different strategy:
Submissions for the special edition can be in English, Spanish, and French and must adhere to the following guidelines.
- Manuscripts are to be submitted electronically in MS Word file using 12pt Times Roman standard font for general text. Major headings should be concise and are to be bolded using size 14 font. Subheadings are to be concise and bolded using 12 pt. italicized font.
- Submissions should not exceed 3.000 words.
- The structure and format for publication will follow APA (7th edition) style.
- The structure of the Manuscript will need to be presented using the following order: Author names and affiliations (separate sheet); title page (separate sheet); abstract; keywords; main text; references; biographical commentary on each contributing author, appendices (as appropriate); table(s) with caption(s) (on individual pages); figure with captions. If acknowledgments need to be made, they must be placed immediately after the reference list.
- Abstracts (in French and in English) should be of no more than 200 words and are right and left justified (2cm margins). All manuscripts must have two abstracts.
- The keywords should not exceed six in number and follow immediately after the Abstract.
- In the main text, each paragraph should start with a 0.50cm indent.
- When submitting a manuscript for peer review, all authors who have a reasonable claim to authorship should be named in full on a separate page immediately before the title page. Author affiliations, email and postal addresses should also be included along with a contact telephone number.
- The first author will be the Editor’s contact person.
- A short (25-40 words) biographical commentary on each contributing author is necessary and this is to be placed immediately following the Reference list in the manuscript.
01.08.2020 – Inform the editors (email@example.com) of intention to submit
- 30.10.2020 – Manuscript submission deadline
- November 2020-December 2020 – Peer Review Process
- 05.01.2021 – Manuscripts returned to authors with comments
- 05.02.2021 – Final submission date
Should you have any questions on the above or otherwise, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Bernard Andrieu, Professor of Philosophy UFRSTAPS Université de Paris, Président of Francophonie’s Society of Sport’s Philosophy, Director of « Institut des Sciences du Sport-Santé de Paris ». firstname.lastname@example.org
Gilles Lecocq, Vice-President of Francophonie’s Society of Sport’s Philosophy for International Affairs, Professor of Psychology CY ILEPS Cergy Paris Université, France, Alliance européenne, CY Cergy Paris, Université, EUTOPIA European University. email@example.com