The 8th Czech Philosophy of Sport Conference will be held at FTVS, Charles University in Prague,
from 1300 on Thursday October 31 until 1300 on Saturday 2 November, 2019, under the auspices of the Philosophy of Sport Section of the Czech Kinanthropological Society (PSS/CKS).
Scientific Committee: Irena Martinkova, Ivo Jirasek, Jim Parry, Eman Hurych.
Conference Registration – Free (please fill out the attached Registration Form, and email as a Word.doc to firstname.lastname@example.org, with filename <REGN – surname>. Please register as soon as possible. Closing date: October 15th, 2019
– Wed 30th: (for those arriving early):
19.00 Welcome dinner at ‘V Cipu’, in the city centre (Old Town)
– Thu 31st: Academic programme 13.00-18.00 (free evening)
– Fri 1st: Full academic programme 09.30- 18.00.
19.00: Dinner at ‘U Dzbanu’, near FTVS
– Sat 2nd: Academic programme 09.00-13.00
Invited Keynote Speakers – John William Devine and Filip Kobiela
– Participants are responsible for their own arrangements
However, we have reserved some rooms in Hostel-type accomm at the FTVS site.
(in student-type single or double rooms) – about €12 p/person p/night.
First come, first served – please send requests as soon as possible to email@example.com.
Also: close to the Faculty is Hotel Krystal (basic accommodation, 5 minutes’ walk from FTVS site).
To make a reservation, check out: http://www.prague-hotel-krystal.cz/
Directions to FTVS:
– The Faculty (FTVS) lies between the airport and the City Centre
– 15 mins from the airport (by 119 bus – cost 24CzK = 1 euro), and 25 mins from the City Centre (by tram + Metro).
Enquiries: Enquiries should be directed to: Prof Dr Jim Parry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Abstracts
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
- Send abstract (200-300 words) as soon as possible – final submission date: September 15th, 2019
- Accepted abstracts will receive notification within 2 weeks – final date: September 30th, 2019
- Required format is MS Word Times New Roman 12pt, single spacing,
with name, institution, abstract, indicative bibliography; all to fit on one side of A4.
- Abstracts to be submitted to email@example.com with filename <ABSTRACT – surname – title>
Book of Abstracts will be emailed to participants in advance, with hard copy at registration.
Abstracts must be prepared in English. We prioritise discussion. 20 minutes ONLY for summary presentation time, +40 mins discussion. Please don’t just read a 60-minute paper really fast!!
Publication: Final papers may be considered for publication in a range of journals associated in various ways with BPSA, EAPS and its members, in accordance with normal submission guidelines, e.g.:
Sport, Ethics and Philosophy; Acta Universitatis Carolinae – Kinanthropologica; etc.